Your right to privacy is extremely important to us and we are committed to protecting and respecting it.
What personal information do we collect?
You may give us information when you correspond with us via the telephone, email, by filling in the form on our website or otherwise. We may keep a record of any correspondence. This information includes any information that you provide to us when you register to use our website by setting up an account, subscribe to our mailing list, engage with our blog or social media forums, enter a competition or survey, submit a review or report a problem with our site. We also keep a record of any transactions that you carry out either in person or through our website both when you register as a guest and when you register for an account, including what you ordered and when. The information that you give us may also include your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, email address, social media user names, orders & receipts, personal description, photograph and payment card information.
We may also collect information about you each time you visit our website to deliver the best possible web experience. We collect a range of technical information via cookies including your IP (Internet Protocol) Address, your login information, which browser you are using, your time zone, operating system and which platform you are using. We also collect information about your visit to help find your shopping preferences, including full URL (Uniform Rescource Locators) clickstream from how you entered our website to when you leave (including the time, date and how long you spend on each URL), which products you searched for or views, how long pages took to load and any errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling or clicking).
There are times when we are required to work closely with third parties (including sub-contractors in technical, manufacturers, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search engine providers) and we may recieve information about you from them.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your information in a range of ways:
Information that you give to us:-
- To carry out obligation arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us.
- If you agreed, to provide information about other goods or services that we feel you may be interested in. If you do not wish for us to use your data in this way please contact us so we can update your preferences.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information that we collect about you:-
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To keep our site secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To ensure that advertising is relevant to you.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information that you give us and information that we collect for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share information with a select number of third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract / sale we enter into with you. This includes couriers, suppliers & payment providers as necessary
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may share your personal information to third parties if:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller.
- We are under a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
Data processed on third party websites
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us you can check that it is done so using the SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
Data may be processed outside of the EU
Storing your data
Under the provisions of the data protection act, our lawful basis for processing personal data is based on a legitimate interest to do so. The legitimate interest related to a legal requirement for the firm to hold your personal information and financial information on record for up to six years from the date on which the information is provided, or from the date of the last correspondence with you, whichever is the latter. This six year period satisfies the requirement with the other financial industry retention periods.
Accessing your information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you.
To obatain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request to [email protected]
Upon recieving this request we will come back to you with a timeframe as to when we will provide the information.
If you wish us to personally remove any personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at [email protected] Please be aware that this may limit the services that we can provide for you.
Upon receiving any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or taking any actions. It is important to us to make sure that we safeguard your information.
Some of our cookies are used to simply collect information about how visitors use our website and these types of cookies collect the information in an anonymous form.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave this site immediately and then delete and block all cookies from this site. Alternatively, you may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone, fax or post. Our phone number is 01392 811597 or you can e-mail us on [email protected]
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will aim to inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.